1. Everton mean business: After showing some serious ambition in the transfer market, Everton look like a completely different and rejuvenated unit, Carlo Ancelotti’s side could not have asked for a better way to start the season than grabbing a 1–0 away win over Tottenham Hotspur. New signing James Rodriguez was a constant threat throughout the game and Allan showed Everton fans what exactly they have been missing since the departure of Idrissa Gueye. Jordan Pickford, who has received a lot of criticism in recent months made some crucial saves. Richarlison and Dominic Calvert-Lewin both look like they are going to thrive this season after the new arrivals in midfield, Everton looks like they can be potential dark horse candidates for a Top 6 spot.
2. Leeds United are well and truly back: Involved in a 7-goal thriller against the defending champions Liverpool, Leeds United just refused to give up despite going behind on three different occasions, it was heartbreak for the Yorkshire club as they conceded a late penalty which was duly converted by Mohammed Salah to complete his hat-trick, Leeds were unlucky not to get something from the game, However, there were a lot of positives to take and it looks like they are going to be a hard team to come up against this season.
3. Fulham and West Brom? Not quite: Unlike Leeds United who caught the eye with their slick football and incredible fighting spirit, Fulham and West Brom were brushed aside quite easily by Arsenal and Leicester City respectively, both losing their games 3–0 and being outplayed significantly, It looks like it will be a long soon ahead for Fulham and West Brom and their squad seems a bit week on paper to compete with the rest of the league at the moment.
4. West Ham in trouble: Things are not looking good at all for West Ham United right now, amidst growing discontent among fans, the Hammers have a nightmare run of fixtures coming up, where they face six of last season’s Top 8 in their next six fixtures. With a lot of things already going wrong at the club, it was important to get a result in their home game against Newcastle, however, a disappointing performance means that the pressure is already starting to pile on manager David Moyes with the fixture list not looking kind at all.
5. Chelsea gets the job done, but far from impressive: Chelsea got their season off to a winning start with a crucial 3–1 away victory over Brighton and Hove Albion, while the scoreline makes it look comfortable, the Blues were far from impressive, the game could have easily gone either way on another day. With some of the new signings yet to feature and a few key players missing from action, Frank Lampard’s side will only get better, but the Blues will have to step up their game when they welcome Liverpool to Stamford Bridge on Sunday.
Get the latest news and various fan-made updates only on Football Fan app, the revolutionary app bringing worldwide football fans close together with an ever-growing community.
Download the app from https://footballfanapp.com/app.